Etsy

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hello!

So here in Massachusetts we've had some cold weather, and I just recently got a really short hair cut (not completely my choice, but hair will grow back!) So I decided to make an ear warmer for myself and I found a great pattern in Crochet One-Skein Wonders Ed. Judith Durant & Edie Eckman, pp-177-179.
ISBN: 978-1-61212-042-3. $18.95. I got it at The Christmas Tree Shop

So, I used a bulky weight yarn, so I stopped increasing at 15 stitches accross, and even then it still came out pretty wide. If you use a worsted weight (4) I suggest you still may want to stop at a row of 15 or 17 stitches if you don't want it too wide. Two of my sisters liked it so much that they asked me to make them one. One asked for on in Simply Soft and the other in homespun, but both asked for them to be skinnier, and sadly no flower :(

What is really great about this pattern is that it has a button at the back so you can easily get it on & off. It goes easier on hair styles, too, since it doesn't cause static electricity or having to slip your hair through anything.

Anyone else find a great ear warmer pattern?
Please share!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
-Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment